Silicon rubber heater is extremely thin and flexible and can be constructed in any geometry to fit on almost any type of contours. Their thin design and direct bonding to the application facilitate efficient and rapid heat transfer resulting in faster heating and lower wattage requirement. Silicone Rubber Heaters offer a very high watt density and their versatile design permits higher or lower heat concentration zones to meet distributed wattage requirements.
They can be pre-formed to complex shapes and can withstand mechanical shock and vibration. They can also accommodate Thermostats or RTD for precise temperature controls. For ease of connectivity, termination can be provided at any location. Different mounting methods such as pressure-sensitive adhesive, field applied adhesive, Velcro etc. are available according to the requirement.
Silicon Rubber heaters are available in two types
- Maximum Size
Length : 1″ to 120″
1 to 36 inches
0.056" standard, other thicknesses available
12V to 600V AC or DC
- Maximum Operating Temperature
- Electrical Rating (Wire)
±10% ,-5 %, foil ±10 %, -10%
1. The lead wire consists of high-temperature resistance wire wound around a fibreglass core for added support and flexibility
2. Silicone rubber is rugged, moisture and chemical resistant, flame retardant, have high dielectric strength.
3. Nickel Chromium Resistance wire for maximum life, evenly wound for even heat distribution. The vulcanization process is used to attach the power leads and cord sets to the heater winding.
For grounding purposes, the second layer of insulating material and a conductive grid can be added to the heater. The heater comes with a ground wire.
To improve heater efficiency, 1/16”, 1/8”, 1/4”, 3/8” or 1/2” insulation can be bonded to the outside of the heater. Closed-cell silicone sponge is extremely flexible and has a Temperature range of “-75°C to 250°C”
They are used to maintain the temperature in any type of electrical box. Typical applications include ATM's, control boxes, traffic signals, utility boxes, cabinets and switchgear. Enclosure heaters are excellent for controlling humidity or moisture within an electrical box.
Round shapes are also available.
Round heaters are best attached to tooling with PSA.
- 1.Pressure Sensitive Adhesive
- 2. Factory Vulcanizing
- 3. Field Applied Adhesive