Tempsens in its continuous efforts to positively impact the society, especially the areas around its sites and offices, has formulated policies for social development that are based on the following guiding principles:
- Honour the spirit of the law and be a responsible corporate citizen.
- Pursue growth through harmony with the community via innovative management techniques.
- Adopt an approach that aims at achieving a greater balance between social development and economic development.
- Respect the culture and customs of every project/plant location.
- Work towards elimination of all barriers for the social inclusion of disadvantaged groups - such as the poor, socially backward, differently-abled and others.
- Develop practices aimed at inclusive growth.
- Thrust on Environment Protection.
This CSR Policy is applicable to Tempsens, which is mandated with the CSR expenditure obligations as per Sec. 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 read with the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014, as amended from time to time.
Tempsens CSR areas target inclusive growth of all stakeholders under various categories, mentioned under Sch. VII of The Companies Act, 2013.
These primarily fall under drinking water, sanitation, education, healthcare, social development, livelihood opportunities and environmental protection. These are:
- Rural Development Projects.
- Healthcare including sanitation and drinking water.
- Education, Vocational Skills & Scientific Research (incl. Educational Infrastructure).
- Gender Equality & Women Empowerment (Incl. Old age homes).
- Environmental Sustainability.
- Other items as may be prescribed from time to time under Sch. VII of The Companies Act, 2013.
1 A three-tier governance structure is responsible for implementing CSR activities at Tempsens. These include the CSR Committee of the Board, Corporate CSR Team, and Operational CSR Teams.
Composition of CSR Committee:
The CSR Committee shall consist of the following:
- Virendra Prakash Rathi
- Pratap Singh Talesara
- Sheela Talesara
2 Roles and Responsibilities
2.1 CSR Committee shall consist of three or more directors. CSR committee shall be responsible for:
- Formulation of CSR Policy.
- Regular monitoring of the implementation of CSR policy.
- Identify key initiatives pursuant to the CSR policy.
- Recommend to the Board CSR expenditure to be incurred.
- Recommend to the Board, modifications to CSR policy as and when required.
Dedicated CSR team shall be constituted at Corporate Office for implementing the CSR Policy. Corporate CSR Team,
located at Udaipur, shall be responsible for:
2.3 Operational CSR Team
- Implementation of CSR Policy.
- Identify Key Result Areas (KRAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to be tracked at the Corporate level and Operational (plant/project location) level.
- Develop Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and targets against each of the identified KPIs at Corporate and Operational level. (to be developed on a bottom-up basis).
- Secure necessary approvals for CSR AOP
- Facilitating allocation of funds along with relevant SPVs/Operations Team.
- Monitoring of CSR projects on a quarterly basis to establish the effectiveness of CSR efforts and report the same to the CSR Committee.
- Compilation of Information & Preparation of annual reports on CSR activities and. presenting the same to the CSR Committee.
- Organize Training programs for CSR staff.
- Any other activity is necessary to ensure the achievement of Tempsens CSR mission.
located at respective plant/project locations is responsible for:
- Provide Inputs for the CSR Policy Design.
- Bottom-up preparation of CSR AOPs and identification of annual targets against KPIs.
- Implementation of CSR Action Plans.
- Conduct a Needs Assessment Survey.
- Own the CSR Programmes implemented and monitor the effectiveness of CSR initiative delivery.
- Monthly reporting on the progress of CSR interventions.
- Any other activity necessary to ensure achievement of Tempsens CSR mission
To maintain continuity of community-related interventions/programs initiated during the project development stage, team members engaged in such activities would be drawn in as CSR team members at the project execution/operation stage, wherever possible, and augmented if necessary.2.5
Depending on interventions/programs, external experts shall be engaged on a contract basis for the development of baseline data, planning, implementation, monitoring effectiveness of CSR initiatives, etc.