Heating solutions for Continuous Catalytic Regeneration (CCR)
Continuous Catalytic Regeneration (CCR) is a Part of the process used in the production of petroleum and petrochemicals. The CCR process produces aromatics from naphthenic and paraffin, after being heated to reaction temperature 495 - 535°C (923 - 977°F), hydro-treated naphtha is merged with recycled hydrogen gas.
There are several applications in a CCR process that require the use of electric process heaters. Because the chemical reactions are endothermic (i.e. absorb heat), multiple heaters are required at various stages in order to increase the fluid temperature at the proper level and to achieve successful chemical reactions. The heater designs generally governed by licensor specifications such as UOP, axens etc.
- Material of Construction for CCR Package heaters
- Heating Elements: Alloy 800 seamless tubes or SS 321 seamless Tubes.
- Pressure Vessel : P11 / SS304 /SS316/SS321
- Certification : ATEX Ex'd” ( Flame proof) / ASME U stamp / any other based of regional requirements
- Temperature Range: Operating temperature range of 10°C - 600°C (50°F - 1112°F).
- Heater Rating : from 1 - 10000 kW
Tempsens Design Specialty
- Tempsens electric process heaters have compact design.
- Virtually 100% efficiency
- No risk of fouling that creates a need for frequent cleaning.
- Effectively controlled by well-designed thyristor control Panel.
There can be a number of reactors depending on process requirements. Some commonly known electric heaters for these reactors are:
- Oxy-chlorination Heater
- Calcination Heater
- Burning Step Heater
- Catalyst Reduction Heater
- Catalyst Hot H2 Stripping Heater
For more information visit : Circulation Heater